Regarding a competition for interior reconstruction and design – CROWNE PLAZA® SOFIA
Grounds for conducting the competition
Assignment given by the investor for an open competition for interior reconstruction and design, coordinated with IHG representatives.
All participants are personally invited by the investor to take part in the competition. All invited are highly regarded specialists in the field of hotel interior design.
According to the assignment requirements, the jury includes:
- Representatives of the investor;
- Architects with experience in Hotel Designing and interior design.
Evaluation criteria for the competition entries in the completion program:
- Clear function.
- Connection of the interior elements with the existing architecture of the building.
- Composition, arrangement and scale of the furniture and interior elements in the space.
- Innovation of the details and proposed solutions.
- Artistic synthesis and the inclusion of works of art.
- Financial aspect.
Judging of the competition entries
- Three meetings were held to discuss the competition entries;
- The specified criteria were objectively applied;
- It has been established that there is no undisputed winner, which requires a second round with the participation of four entries in the competition in the opinion of the jury;
- The entries placing in first to fourth place have been selected. They will be treated in accordance with the assignment and invited to participate in the second round of the competition;
- The jury decided to award the following:
- Two second prizes of 5 000 EUR each with an invitation to participate in the second round
- Two third prizes of 3 000 EUR with an invitation to participate in the second round
- One third prize of 3000 EUR without an invitation to participate in the second round
Finalization of the competition
The final results of the competition will be announced after the judging of the entries presented by the teams invited to participate in the second round.
The investor thanks all participants in the first round of the competition.